The Danov School

The Danov School is the first class school, where Hristo. G. Danov applied the Monitorial (self-taught) system. For its restoration and conservation the Perushtitsa municipality won a project funded by Measure 313 - "Encouragement of tourism activities" from the Program for Rural Development for 2007-2013 supported by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. The realization of the project includes:
Exposition and information space - located in the centre hall of the floor. It provides the opportunity to inform tourists through multimedia.

- An educational and entertaining informative function for children and students. Recreating the atmosphere of the Renaissance School - desks for writing on sand, desks for writing on chalk boards and desks for writing with pen and ink. The rooms can also be used for temporary and theoretical activities and lectures. Construction of ramps for the disabled and lighting around the school is part of the urbanization of the area.

The Danov School was built in 1850 with funds donated by the patriotic and eager for education perushtinians. The first teacher of the school is famous with his literacy and publishing – the Bulgarian patriot Hristo Gruev Danov (1828 – 1911). He introduced the mutual method, found a Sunday school, and fought for the education of girls as well.

For the three-year teaching in Perushtitsa, Hristo G. Danov prepared many future leaders of the revolutionary movement, education and ecclesiastical. It also used to house the National community center “Prosveta” (education). Its founders are Hristo G. Danov, head of the April Uprising in Perushtitsa - teacher Peter Bonev, Dimitar Malinchev, Brothers Hadzhitilevi Kostadin Hadzhitankov and other participants in the uprising. In the school in 1869 Vasil Levski organized a secret revolutionary committee. The former school also houses an art gallery.